Enhancing air transport safety and security in a constantly evolving environment is a systemic challenge by its very nature.
Systemic, firstly, because it relies on all air transport stakeholders – airlines, ATC, aircraft manufacturers, airports, authorities…- as well as on their interactions.
Systemic equally because it involves a number of dimensions – technological, sociological, economic, cultural…- which vary around the world and also play a key role in safety.
ENAC activities encompass the whole air transport system. Its expertise in each aviation domain and their interactions & integration make it a prime player to promote a holistic research approach on safety and address it in its complexity.
In partnership with an international network of research organizations and industries, ENAC safety research addresses a number of approaches such as:
- Resilience and its operational application
- Transition from compliance-based to performance-based approach to safety
- Integrating security threats into safety management
- Measuring safety both at organization and air transport system level
- Enhancing training for aviation professionals considering their sociological evolution and that of the global aeronautical environment